Website First Nations Health Consortium
The First Nations Health Consortium Ltd. (FNHC) is hiring for the position of Administrative Assistant/Receptionist. This position will be based in our busy Edmonton office and will provide daily administration and reception support to our regional operations. The position would be best suited to individuals who have knowledge and experience providing support to multiple teams in a high-volume office. This position is available on a term basis to March 31, 2024 but may be extended.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Administrative support to senior staff as Attending staff meetings and taking minutes.
- Manage all boardroom bookings, including room setup, equipment setup requirements and coordinating lunches for meetings and other events, as required.
- Coordinate hotel accommodations as required for FNHC satff.
- Tracking and ordering office supplies, managing supplies inventory.
- Receive/track/record promotional items inventory.
- Provide a welcoming atmosphere for all our guests, in-person and over the phone.
- Backup reception to the main 1-844 telephone Lunch hour relief to main Receptionist.
- Programming, setup and trouble-shooting telephones through online telephone system portal.
- Answer and forward telephone calls, entering calls into company log, and taking accurate messaging.
- Maintaining cleanliness and order of reception area and common areas in the office.
- Shipping, receiving and tracking of couriers. Sorting and disbursement of mail and other deliveries.
- Providing other administrative/clerical support, as may be required and assigned.
- 2 or more years’ experience in an administrative assistant or receptionist role
- Office administration certificate or diploma is an High school diploma.
- Experience working with First Nations people and communities with demonstrated cultural knowledge and competencies.
- Intermediate knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel , Outlook and Adobe is required.
- Driver’s License required.
- Criminal Record Check, Child Welfare Check and Vulnerable Sector Check required.
- Confirmation of COVID Vaccinations.
- Competitive salary to commensurate with education and experience along with a generous benefits package will be provided.
Closing Date: This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to [email protected] or by fax (587) 391-1362.
NOTE: From those selected for consideration, three references are required with at least two being current/previous supervisors. Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest however only those selected for consideration/interview will be contacted.