First Nations Health Consortium
The First Nations Health Consortium Ltd. of Alberta (FNHC) is looking to hire an Indigenous Regional Service Coordinator for our High Level, AB Office.
Working to uphold Jordan’s Principle, the Consortium provides a ‘service coordination’ role in Alberta for all First Nation children living on or off reserve and serves as the link between any First Nation child and the service or program need for the child.
Reporting to a Team Lead, the Regional Service Coordinator will work with First Nations children and their families in a collaborative manner; identify the needs of the child, and support families with meeting those needs (products or services) from service professionals and or vendors in the health, social and education fields as well as other federal, provincial and community resources.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- This position would be best suited to individuals who have an education background in health, nursing, social work or education. A combination of education and relevant experience will also be considered
- Previous proven experience working with First Nations organizations and Communities.
- Strong communication skills, demonstrated self-motivation, and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Work collaboratively within a team structured environment
- Data collection: quality, consistency, integrity, and evaluation is a key expectation
- Proficient with using technology (laptops, database, pdfs, outlook, etc.)
- File Development: Creating and maintaining electronic records, databases and files, ensuring information is secure and confidentiality and privacy are maintained.
- Other duties as required
- 2 or more years of experience in a similar and/or administrative role
- Degree in a related field or a combination of lesser education and experience
- Experience working with First Nations Communities and members with demonstrated cultural knowledge
- Ability to travel for work related purposes
- Criminal Record Check, Child Welfare Check and Vulnerable Sector Check required.
- Confirmation of COVID Vaccinations
Closing Date: This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and references via email to [email protected]
Click here to download the full pdf of this job posting.
Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest, however only those selected for consideration/interview will be contacted.
This position is available on a term basis to March 31, 2024 but may be extended.