Website First Nations Health Consortium
First Nations Health Consortium
The First Nations Health Consortium Ltd. of Alberta (FNHC) is hiring for the position of Receptionist for its Calgary office.
Working to uphold Jordan’s Principle, FNHC provides a ‘service coordination” role in Alberta for all First Nations children living on or off reserve and serves as the link between any First Nation child and the service or program need for the child.
The position would be best suited to individuals who have strong knowledge and experience with high-call volume switchboards. This position is available on a term basis to March 31, 2024, but may be extended.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Provide a welcoming atmosphere for all guests, in-person and over the phone. Receive telephone calls, direct calls promptly, take accurate messaging, answer general inquiries.
- Maintain incoming call log.
- Program and setup of telephones through on-line system portal.
- Setup staff and other meetings.
- Shipping/receiving, sorting and disbursement of all incoming/outgoing couriers, mail, and other deliveries.
- Manage boardroom bookings, including setup and coordination of lunches and equipment requirements.
- Coordinate hotel accommodations for FNHC staff.
- Track, order, maintain and manage Calgary equipment and office supplies inventory.
- Assist Enhanced Service Coordinator in promotional items inventory and disbursement.
- Administrative support to staff as required.
- Maintaining cleanliness and order of reception boardroom and common areas in the office.
- Provide other administrative support as required and assigned in support of regional operations.
- 2 or more years’ experience in a Reception or administrative assistant role.
- High school diploma. Office administration certificate or diploma is an asset.
- Experience working with First Nations people and communities with demonstrated cultural knowledge and competencies.
- Intermediate knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe is required.
- Driver’s License and Abstract required.
- Criminal Record Check, Child Welfare Check and Vulnerable Sector Check required.
- Confirmation of COVID Vaccinations.
Closing Date: This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to [email protected] or by fax (587) 391-1362.
NOTE: From those selected for consideration, three references are required with at least two being current/previous supervisors. Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest however only those selected for consideration/interview will be contacted.