First Nations Health Consortium
Full Time – (1) Edmonton AB Location
Are you a seasoned event planner with a passion for creating memorable and impactful experiences? The First Nations Health Consortium is seeking an experienced Event Planner to join our dynamic team. As an Event Planner, you will play a critical role in the successful execution of events that bring together youth, healthcare professionals, community leaders, and stakeholders to advance our mission.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Event Planning: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to conceptualize, plan, and execute multi-day events, including conferences, workshops, and seminars.
- Logistics Management: Oversee all logistical aspects, such as venue selection, catering, transportation, accommodations, and audiovisual requirements.
- Program Development: Work closely with FNHC staff to develop event agendas and content that align with the consortium’s goals and objectives.
- Budget Management: Develop and manage event budgets, ensuring cost-effective planning and resource allocation.
- Vendor Coordination: Identify and contract with event vendors and suppliers, negotiating contracts and overseeing vendor relationships.
- Registration and Promotion: Implement registration processes and marketing strategies to maximize event attendance and engagement.
- On-site Coordination: Provide on-site event management, including handling unexpected challenges and ensuring a seamless attendee experience.
- Post-Event Evaluation: Conduct post-event evaluations to assess the success of events and gather feedback for continuous improvement.
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Event Planning, Hospitality Management, or a related field.
- Proven experience in planning, organizing, and executing multi-day events.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in event management software and tools.
- Knowledge of First Nations cultures and healthcare practices is a plus.
- Flexibility to travel and work evenings and weekends as needed.
Open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and references via email to: [email protected]
Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest, however only those selected for consideration/interview will be contacted.